Velvac to Feature New Hyperion OnBoard Guardian at MATS
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Driver recognition and decision making are critical factors in the cause of accidents, accounting for almost a third of all car to truck collisions. And with almost a quarter of all heavy duty truck accidents caused by lane changes and a third of all car to truck accidents occurring in the “No Zones” or blind spots around the vehicle, it has become increasingly more important to develop systems that help improve driver visibility, recognition and decision making.
Velvac has been a leader in commercial vehicle vision systems for 80-years, focusing on improving driver safety and decision making, and will be premiering its Hyperion OnBoard Guardian collision avoidance and fleet management solution at the 2014 Mid-America Truck Show.
The Velvac Hyperion OnBoard Guardian is a single platform solution to driver safety and fleet performance. Encompassing three advances in technology -- the LaneChange Guardian blind spot detection system, the Virtual DVR event recorder and fleet management solution and the VideoData Server -- the Hyperion OnBoard Guardian transforms camera and vehicle data and outputs that information in real-time to an iPad or tablet computer for display and recording. Plus, it incorporates camera-based sensors that provide a driver alert for overtaking vehicles in the blind spot, via an icon in the glass. These technologies work seemlessly together, providing fleets with both active and passive accident prevention methods, leading to the following benefits:
- Accident Prevention – “No-zone” blind-spot elimination with object detection alerts
- Liability protection – Real-time remote access and recording exonerates drivers and ensures load security
- Driver Retention – State-of-the-art infotainment system for off-hours, along with internet access, provides the comforts of home on the road
- Driver Training – Improve fuel economy and reward safer driving habits
- Compliance/Reporting – Automate pre-drive inspections, hours of service and EOBR
- Fleet Communication – Ideal platform for messaging, dispatch, routing, location reporting, vehicle weight and tire pressure monitoring, etc.
- Open Platform – Allows addition of customer-specific applications
Click Here to download a flyer that provides an overview of the Hyperion OnBoard Guardian, or visit the Velvac booth, number 30356, for a personal demonstration of this new, groundbreaking technology.