Velvac Launches New User-Friendly, Content-Rich Website
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New Berlin, WI, July 23, 2013 – Velvac, Inc., a leading manufacturer of components to the truck, bus, recreational and specialty vehicle industries, announced today that its website, www.velvac.com, has been completely and dramatically redesigned. The new site, which went live on Tuesday, July 16, is designed to improve the end-users’ online experience with Velvac and elevate the company’s web presence to a level commensurate with its position as a leader in the commercial vehicle vision system and component industry.
The new website features high-value content, improved navigation and cutting-edge technologies designed to enhance the user experience, making Velvac easier to do business with:
- Pages for Heavy-Duty Trucks, Medium-Duty Commercial Vehicles, Motorhomes/RVs, Buses/Mass Transit, and Fire/Ambulance give easy access to products, regulatory information, technical and marketing materials, and videos for key market segments. This allows visitors to quickly access information directly related to their vehicle type without having to search through volumes of text extraneous to their application.
- Look-ahead navigation helps visitors find the information they seek with minimum clicks.
- A Resource Library with faceted search allows visitors to easily find technical documents and marketing materials by using vehicle-type and product-type filters.
- An interactive Map makes it easy to connect with dealers and distributors in order to find and purchase Velvac product.
- Careers, Events, and News pages provide a variety of visitors with timely, pertinent information regarding advances Velvac is making to improve driver and pedestrian safety.
- Customer Support pages allow users to contact customer solution representatives, ask technical questions, request return authorizations, find a sales rep, and get answers to frequently asked questions.
“This new website is the culmination of months of research, customer interviews and design workshops,” noted Sean D. Custis, Director of Marketing for Velvac. “We wanted to make sure we addressed all of the issues our customers experienced when they attempted to access information from our old website, as well as establish a platform for future enhancements that will continue to make Velvac a company that is better, faster and easier to do business with.”
“With the assistance of our website developer, Top Floor Technologies of New Berlin, Wisconsin, we were able to incorporate functionality that will make it easier for visitors to quickly access relevant product, regulatory and market information,” added Mr. Custis. “We plan to continue to enhance the website’s value and functionality in the coming months by adding full e-commerce, product interchange and account management functionality, along with streamlining search and order capabilities.”
Velvac’s new website will not only improve its digital presence, but also better represent the technological direction and branding in which the company is heading. “We now have a website that matches the effort and detail that goes into every vision system and component solution we offer for the commercial vehicle markets we service,” Mr. Custis maintained.
“The Velvac brand stands for high quality, innovative products and excellent customer service and support,” noted Jeff Porter, President and CEO of Velvac. “Our mission is to improve driver safety and well being by offering superior products and solutions that fully satisfy our customers’ needs, making us better, faster and easier to do business with. This new website helps us to do just that. It allows our customers to access pertinent information about our solutions and market trends, helping them to make informed decisions that keep their vehicles operational and drivers safe.”
Velvac is a leading manufacturer and supplier of vision systems and component parts to the truck, bus, recreational, and specialty vehicle industries. Velvac has the industry’s broadest mirror product offerings, from unique, proprietary mirror and camera systems to high volume replacement mirror heads and service parts. Founded in 1934, Velvac’s corporate offices and aftermarket operations are located in New Berlin, Wisconsin. Its complete, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility is located in Reynosa, Mexico.